Sunday, May 21, 2006

Gamer Dad to the rescue!


For some reason today my wife decided to have a chick flick marathon: Bridget Jones Diary, Serendipity, Sleepless in Seattle, Fools rush in, Etc. My boys were sitting there with their eyes glazed over watching Meg Ryan whine about men. I was forced to do what any self respecting Gamer Dad would do. I dragged the boys into the bedroom, set them up in front of our TV and slid in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad. My little ones are 6 and 5 so this was their first exposure to a Harryhausen film. The results would make any Gamer-Dad proud; my boys were in awe of all the cool monsters. After the Golden Voyage I popped in the 7th voyage of Sinbad. The indoctrination has begun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked you waited so long before beginning their training! :lol

    I still remember my first "stop-motion" movie...in 1955! Dinosaurs! Broadcast TV in Detroit, Michigan. Oh yah!

    ReplyDelete