Friday, July 28, 2006

David Gemmell passed away



I am shocked and saddened beyond words. It was just announced that one of my favorite writers, David Gemmell has died at the age of 57.I have loved his work from the first time I read "Morningstar" back in the 90's. he was one of a handful of writers whose work I would gladly purchase the moment it hit the shelves. David's masterpiece "Legend" is considered a modern day classic in the genre, and in my opinion will hold up against any work as a great piece of fiction. My personal favorite work from David Gemmell is "Winter Warriors" a great story of three aged fighting men called up for one last adventure. David Gemmell was an incredible storyteller.

1 comment:

  1. This distresses me greatly. "Winter Warriors" was also my favorite & it's amazing that "Legend" was his first novel. Some writers take a lifetime to be that good. I totally ripped of his spell stones for my D&D games.

    ReplyDelete