Sunday, December 10, 2006

A reading from the book of the universally clueless


I consider myself a bit of a classic rock snob, when stuff comes on the radio I'm usually the guy who asks every one "Whats the name of the song? artist? and album?" and then I sit there smugly as everyone ties themselves up in knots trying to answer. My wife hates when I do that.
And don't you dare sing along with the radio and get the words wrong, I'll nail you to the floor, and mock you incessantly.

so you can imagine how dumb I felt the other morning while listening to Bob Seger's classic tune "Night moves" (From the album of the same name, by the way) when suddenly I caught something that never occurred to me. the opening of the song goes like this...

I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high

THAT PART, right there- "And points all her own sitting way up high. Way up firm and high"

her breasts, he was singing about her breasts...teenage breasts to be exact.

I must have heard that song a bazillion times since 1976 and I never made that connection until 30 years later. geez...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 PM

    -lol-
    Wow, man. Yeah.

    Yep, the verse refers to his package and her breasts.

    Glad to have you with us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's great story!

    ReplyDelete