Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another reading from the book of the universally clueless



A follow-up to my Bob Seger moment.

I'm sitting here working on a file for someone named Schultz. and of course my mind starts to wander to Sgt. Schultz of Hogans Heroes fame. I start thinking about the other main German character Colonel Klink. then it hits me: Klink. Klink is slang for jail. Colonel Klink is the Commander of a Prison camp (do you see where I'm going here...) Klink / jail.
I'm gonna be 43 next month and I've watched Hogan's Heroes all my life, and I just got the joke today...

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad. I'm 41, and I never noticed the "Klink" reference until reading it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:34 PM

    I'm gonna be 44 next month and, despite my extra year on you, I never connected that reference either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you have opened my eyes for the first time in my life. Its just so obvious and yet so hidden at the same time. The Purloined Letter of our modern age.

    Seriously. I need to go burn my SAT results, cause those things lied to me in a big way.

    ReplyDelete