Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ziggurat Con June 9th-Camp Adder Iraq



When I was in the Army back in the big 80's a good 70% of my off-duty hours (and much of my on-duty hours) were spent gaming.
From basic training to my duty station my fellow soldiers and I played many a game of AD&D, Traveller, Car Wars, Recon, GURPS and Twilight 2000.

After moving to Hawaii in the 90's I joined a great group of guys known as the D.O.G.S (Dedicated Oahu Gamers Society). Over half of our membership consisted of Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Coasties, and Marines. Anywhere you find US military personnel, you will eventually find a game happening. Even in a Warzone.

Ziggurat Con will be held in June at Camp Adder in Iraq. If you can find it in your pocketbook to send a box of Heroclix, a bag of dice, or maybe even a game- I know for a fact it will be played and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment