Saturday, June 02, 2007

Weekend Matinees at the Lair


A couple of weeks ago I was reading an article on movie memories from the 80’s and I got to thinking that my boys have a serious lack of “the classics” –Kid classics to be more precise, the types of movies that made me “Ooo and Aww” when I was growing up. Here at the Lair we have a healthy and robust DVD library but I noticed a lack of movies like Ghostbusters, E.T., and Star Wars (the real Star Wars- not that Jar Jar Binks, baby Darth Vader crap).
Last Saturday we watched “The Secret of Nimh” this Sunday we have “Raiders of the lost Ark” on tap.
Popcorn, S’mores, and the rare treat of soda round out the experience.
Next week- Star Wars.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff. James here.

    Don't forget such classics as: The Goonies, Monster Squad, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Clash of the Titans, Krull, The Last Starfighter and The Transformers movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff. James here.

    Don't forget such classics as: The Goonies, Monster Squad, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Clash of the Titans, Krull, The Last Starfighter and The Transformers movie.

    ReplyDelete