Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Pulp

You just know Doc Savage would have had one...















Wanna buy one?
Go here: http://www.worldskycat.com/index.html




I'm not endorsing it. I'm just letting you know it's out there...



Here's what the publisher says:

Adamant Entertainment will be kicking off our first-ever Thrilling Tales Serial Adventure -- an extended mini-campaign comprised of five short adventures, released weekly starting on Friday, September 14th.

The five exciting chapters of this serial will take your heroes from the back-room deals of 1930s politics to the underworld of Chinatown; from a hidden valley in Tibet to the fortress of a would-be Emperor; from the amazing heights of super-science to the office of the President of the United States!

CRIMSON EMPEROR
Chapter One: Politics of Terror - September 14th
Chapter Two: The Scorpion Syndicate - September 21st
Chapter Three: The Valley of Death - September 28th
Chapter Four: Escape from the Crimson Palace - October 5th
Chapter Five: The Crimson Veil - October 12th


I don't mean to be harsh but I've been burned by Adamant more than once. They have style, no doubt about that. But they really lack substance, at least in the products I've purchased in the past. Case in point: Check out my review of "Perils of the Orient". It has a snazzy cover and makes a lot of promises and then falls flat. If you had 30 seconds to flip through this at a game store, you'd quickly put it back on the rack.

I really can't say the same about the Crimson Emperor series yet. I bought the first chapter and I'll let you know next week. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm not betting on it.




Here's a Free Pulp Mag that just came out. I downloaded it but havent printed it up yet, so I don't have an opinion on it, just passing the info.





And finally a link:



The Pulp Factory is a cooperative Blog that talks about some of the current happenings in the world of Pulp. It's very much worth a look.

And that is your Thursday Pulp report.

No comments:

Post a Comment