Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rock climbing


Today I was home having a little MST3K marathon. I t was a double feature Deathstalker and Lost Continent (rock climbing). I remember when I first ran across MST3K back in the 90’s. I swear I had never laughed so hard. I can’t remember my first episode; it might have been “The Painted Hills” or maybe one of the “Master Ninjas”. I have a bunch of episodes on DVD, and every once in a while I get the urge for good old MST fix. “She who must be obeyed” doesn’t get it, but she’s not supposed to I guess. Maybe it’s a “guy thing”.
MST3K is for a select few, like fans of the Three Stooges. The Minions enjoy it; the jokes are risqué rather than out and out dirty (like the constant references to Cesar Romero’s sexual orientation). You really have to be in the same age group as Joel and the other writers to truly appreciate all the “in jokes” and pop culture references.

By the way, did you know the "The Lost Continent" was remade again?
I had no idea. I must find a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment