Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Pulp


The big news for me this week is that I hooked up with a gaming group! Not only are we going to start a regular campaign, it’s gonna be a PULP campaign! Top Secret: SI / Agent 13. Life is good.

So in celebration, here are a few of the newer offerings in the world of Pulp Gaming-


THRILLING TALES: The Golden Idol of Sikral $5.00
I'm usually a bit leery of Adamant's offerings, but this appears to be a reprint of a Hero games product. I enjoy the stuff put out for Pulp Hero.


Pulp Hero: The Golden Idol of Sikral $3.00 (Same adventure-lower price)





Boomtown Planet - Saturday Edition
I never heard of this game until today. if I hadn't spent my gaming allowance on stuff for the Top Secret game, I might have picked this up. I probably still will, just not this week.


BASH! Sci-Fi Edition
Not really Pulp Per se- But I really like the BASH line of games. And anyone can build a retro Flash Gordonesque campaign using these rules. This is another purchase that's gonna have to wait. At $15.00 BASH is starting to get a little pricey for a PDF offering (no pdf should cost more than $15.00).

Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
I don't play miniatures games, but if I did- this would be the one. It looks way fun!



Bumbles Pounce
The Cimmerian has posted this amusing tale of that great polar explorer / prospector Yukon Cornelius!
Enjoy!



And that's your Pulp Thursday report!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:34 AM

    Glad to hear you found a group. So do you get to play or are you going to be behind the screen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your good news. Keep up posted how your game goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part: I'll be PLAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you found a group, that you get to play, and that they're into pulps! That's triply awesome!

    Thanks for the Yukon Cornelius link! I love that guy!

    ReplyDelete