Friday, January 25, 2008

The Evil DM's collage contest


In celebration of having my computer fixed I figured I’d hold a contest. So here’s the deal:
At the top of the page is my Evil DM collage. The person who can identify the most pictures wins. The photos can be identified by either naming the source of the photo (i.e. Captain America #112 Marvel comics) or the Blog post it first appeared under (“Happy Wednesday” April 11, 2001). There may be one or more photos that don’t appear on the Blog or may have appeared on the Tripod Blog before the move over to Blogger, which is why the contest rewards the MOST number of pictures identified. If there is more than one entry with the most photos identified, then the winner will be determined by the date and time on their email, the first submitted will win. If there are entries with the same date and time then I will roll a D20, highest roll wins- The minions will serve as witnesses.

Win? Win what?
Well… I buy a lot of stuff, “She who must be obeyed” feels I buy too much stuff. Sometimes I buy stuff I’ve already bought, and then I have doubles. The prize will be a “Swag bag” of doubles. For instance: Ever heard of Harold Lamb? Well, I just found out I have two copies of his book Genghis Khan. Remember the Green Ronin sale? I have two copies of Testament-the D20 sourcebook of campaigning in the Biblical age. Stuff like that will be in the bag. It will be new, or collectible - Not junk.

Who can enter?
Anyone can enter. But being a one man operation, and on a budget I can’t afford to ship a swag bag out to Nepal or Germany. So if you win and live outside of the US you must have a US address for me to ship to, otherwise you forfeit.
Alaska and Hawaii- you guys are US (Don’t let anybody tell you different).

How do I enter?
1) Email me your answers before the deadline of 11:59PT on Monday January 28th.
Email address is: boojiesdad at hotmail dot com

2) On the side of my Blog is an advertisement. Click it. Visit it. Buy something if you want. This will help me pay for shipping. This part has to be on the honor system- so help a brother out huh (remember brain tumor…horrific car accident)?

So there you go. Good Luck!




3 comments:

  1. See, the problem is, I look at the babes and then forget what you told me to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melvin no use email ...

    1.Ringo Starr, in drag
    2.Zippy the Pinhead's older brother, Ronald the Flathead
    3.The lesser known Malcom 'Y'
    4.Anton LeVey Action Figure
    5.That guy with the knife, er, what's his name ...
    6.Madeline Khan Singh
    7.Clearly misidentified Allosaurus
    8.J. Robert Oppenheimer as drawn by Joe Kubert in the 1969 DC comic 'Sgt. Rock Blows Shit Up Sixty-Four Page Giant'
    9.The Morton Salt Girl, all grown up and ready to kick ass
    10.International Paper, Elite Harvesting Squad badge
    11.'dat guy who goes around killin' all dem dames wit his sword thing ...'
    12.That photo of your Mom that she thought you'd never find.
    13.Just as I manage to forget the seventies, someone's got to come along and remind me
    14.The League of Fuzzy Heroes
    15.She who must be elbowed
    16.Colonists needed. Free land on Mars!
    17.Three Mile Island Melts down, March 1979
    18.Dick Cheney's bastard love child by Brittany Spears.
    19.'The Cheesehunter' action figure
    20.She who must be tattooed
    21.Harold Lamb speculative portrait.
    22.Very first issue of Dragon Magazine with misprinted cover
    23.Conan the recycler
    24.'Adventure' Magazine, issue 92 with misprinted cover
    25.Pretty darn good book
    26.She who must be splayed
    27.Sequel to 'The Dirty Dozen', 'The Filthy Five'
    28.Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld in happier times.
    29.Edgar Allen Poe's lost classic, 'Curse of the Chicken Hand'
    30.She who must be oblate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:24 AM

    Damn my overseas location!

    Kudos to melvin for making me chortle but good. :)

    ReplyDelete