Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Make mine Marvel! Uh...on second thought, don't.




First they kill Captain America. Now they are having Spiderman sell his marriage to Mephisto to save Aunt May’s life? WTF is that about? Aunt May is like 300 years old. In what universe does this make sense? Spiderman’s code has been “with great power comes great responsibility”. Where is the responsibility in making a deal with the devil for your own selfish reasons? Whose Spiderman is that? I just don’t get it. Why is Marvel doing this? Shock value? To sell more comics?
Does the editor have a need to feel famous and edgy? “Yeah, I’m the guy that spun the Marvel universe on its ear. First I killed Captain America and then I ruined Spiderman’s whole world.”
Maybe the guy has issues and by doing shit like this it makes him feel all powerful. This just furthers my resolve to stop buying new comics from Marvel.
Enough of that crap, let’s jump in the "Wayback Machine" and check out some girls in tights.














7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I rate the Spider-man retcon as the single biggest screwup in the history of comics, ever. It's wrong on so many levels and causes more logical inconsistencies than I thought possible in one comic book series. People can "only vaguely" remember Spider-man unmasking? All the newspaper and TV footage "didn't happen"?!! The Spider-man movie didn't happen? WHAT THE HECK??!?!!?!?

    Sorry, but.

    Marvel. You screwed up, big time.

    They better have a really, REALLY good getout clause for all this.

    Joe Quesada should be banned from going within 5 miles of any comic ever again, for life.

    Phew. I feel better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I am/was a big Cap fan and I don't know what they are thinking. Are they just trying to bring everything in line with the movie mythos in some roundabout way?

    Great site on my added to my rss reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Spidey story just did my head in! JMS's writing was very moving, but you feel Quesada standing over him with a loaded gun making him type it... no wonder JMS has distance himself from it as soon as possible.

    In one little issue 20-odd years of continuity has been flushed down the crapper and the entire Marvel Universe - particularly recent events like the equally awful Civil War - has been screwed over.

    I've dropped the mainstream Spidey titles from my reading list after many, many years. I just can't any more of this nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvel hates us right now - I think that much is obvious.

    But Evil - you forgot complete to post the babishness of the Jade Giantess herself! We want Shulkie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But Evil - you forgot complete to post the babishness of the Jade Giantess herself! We want Shulkie! :)


    Ah yes,
    me likes the big girls as well.
    I gotta find a nice pen and ink of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't wait... I ran some goodies of her myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should see Wizards bboards. I think there's probably 20 negative posts for every 1 positive one, but the positive ones are dwindling.

    It's a shame that Joe Q seems to live in his own little delusional world where deals with the devil are okay, but divorce isn't.

    ReplyDelete