Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Buy it, rent it, borrow it- Apocaplypto is a MUST SEE!


I was laid up in bed today and had a chance to see a DVD I picked up over the weekend- Apocalypto.
Apocalypto is a story of adventure set in Central America prior to the European invasion.
This was a film by Mel Gibson-say what you want about the man and his opinions- he is a passionate movie maker, and Apocalypto is a showcase of his passion.

This is a spectacularly beautiful movie, rich in detail and action.

I was mesmerized.

Zero Wolf played by Raoul Trujillo- this character just takes bad ass to a whole new level.


6 comments:

  1. It was one of my top three DVDs of last year. Freakin' awesome film... great to see it getting some Evil DM love :-)

    http://her0press.blogspot.com/2007/11/dvd-of-week-apocalypto-2006.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree. I've been talking this movie up for a while. It was great, far better than 10,000 BC. I want Zero Wolf for the next Conan myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also just saw this movie. I had no interest whatsoever in seeing it; I thought it might turn into some Gibson religious bullshit which I am never in the mood for. But I have been on big Native American kick lately, and I broke down and bought it at a ridiculous markdown. Couldn't be happier I did. This movie is HARD CORE, well worth the money I'd have paid if I bought it new.

    Great flick, and its PERFECT inspiration for pulp/Indiana Jones type adventures, or even a south o' the border Deadlands game in old Mexico (wouldn't be hard to convert the Aztec rules in South O' The Border to reflect Mayans). I can't say enough good things about this movie. Totally bad ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Charles, you hit it square on the head. Zero Wolf would make a KICK ASS CONAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I had the same thing happen. I was totally uninterested and wary, because the reviews made it seem that it had some kind of religious/political agenda. Why didn't anyone say that it is a straight-up kick-ass action adventure movie! That scene when he survives the waterfall and then turns around and tells his pursuers who he is and where they are (his lands!) is frikkin' awesome.

    Great flick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:45 AM

    Sometimes a movie will reward low expectations by kicking all available ass. Apocalypto certainly does!

    ReplyDelete