Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropic Thunder-Much ado about nothing




“She who must be obeyed” and I went to go see Tropic Thunder the other day. It was less than I expected. The movie just did not deliver. All the buzz and hype over this film was really overrated in my opinion. People accusing the producersof racist overtones over Downey playing in “black-face”, Others crying about the insensitive depiction of the developmentally disabled. Much ado about nothing- the damn film wasn’t even that funny. “She who must be obeyed” nodded off during the first half of the movie, and she’s a big Ben Stiller fan.

Jack Black delivered a few laughs. Stiller fell flat. While watching “Tropic Thunder” I kept wishing for the Ben Stiller that had me in stitches, not this guy.

The supporting players saved the movie from being a total wreck for me. It just took way too long to get to any big laughs. When I go to see Jack Black and Ben Stiller I want big laughs, a lot of big laughs. Otherwise why would anyone go see them?
Tropic Thunder had a couple of big laughs, a hand full of chuckles, and whole lot of waiting for something funny to happen.

2 comments:

  1. That's about what I figured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...I really wanted to see this movie, too, in the theaters. Ah, well, guess I'll save my ticket money and take the kids to see The Clone Wars.

    ReplyDelete