Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Skypes and Wizards



I tried Skype last night for the first time. I was really impressed. I had a good long conversation with a buddy and the quality was as good as a regular phone call When the calls are between Skype users they're free. since I have a few net friends in Australia, Denmark, and the U.K. I decided to give their world-wide unlimited service a try for $9.95 a month, I'll post on the quality of those calls once I make a few.



It looks like Raimi and Tapert (of Xena and Hercules fame) are back with another sword swinging TV series.

Legend of the Seeker is a new series based on the books by Terry Goodkind. Honestly, this is a series I see in the bookstores everywhere I go but I have never picked it up.
I know its wrong, but I do judge books by their covers and the covers didn't appeal to me at all. But now I guess I'll drop the $2.00 to get the first book and see what we have, for two reasons-

1) I like Raimi and Tapert's work and from the trailers it looks like they are having fun.

2) The author of the stories looks like he's on board with this project, which is always a good sign.





3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    I read the first book. It was exciting and well-paced. A bit cheezy, but I enjoyed the read. Afterward, however, I had a negative response to it. Sort of like when you see a summer blockbuster at the theater and you enjoy all the explosions and overwhelming sensations, but afterward you contemplate the plot holes and other oddities. I never picked up the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first book is an ok read, but I was unable to get through the first chapter of the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first couple. Can't wait for the sexy-time red leather gals.

    I like that Jebadiyah from the Road Warrior/MMBTD is in this.

    ReplyDelete