Saturday, November 08, 2008

Loving me some Chap Mei!

Chap Mei is a Hong Kong company that specializes in 3 3/4 scale action figures. Generally the knockoff lines from Hong Kong don't really appeal to me. but there is something magical about these figures. Chap Mei's figures range from Pulp adventurers to Vikings. Whoever works in the R&D is a kindred soul cause he thinks up the kind of figure lines I would have killed for as a kid.

the bad news is that
1- the various lines are very hard to track down. in a surprising toy twist all the cool stuff hits Europe first- and that's just wrong.

2- the sculpting of the figures is very cool in a Saturday morning cartoon way, but they seriously lack in articulation.

Otherwise they ROCK!















9 comments:

  1. Why are these toys still in their boxes and not strewn all over the floor being played with, parts missing and limbs twisted at an unnatural angle due to excessive enthusiasm? Get busy, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Those are freaking awesome!

    Where do you find these treasures here in the US, when they do happen to reach our shores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd also like to know where you're finding these. Maybe they'll pop up in my area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap toys are awesome! It's as if they realize that if there chock full of cool stuff kids will forget they're not name brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:54 PM

    I just saw these in local toy stores here in the Philippines and they're dirt cheap compared to more popular toys of the same make and quality. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philgamer:
    Talaga?
    Now I need to go back to the Philippines again!
    If you ever want to work out a trade of Chap Mei stuff for RPG stuff or anything here in the States let me know. We have very few Chap Mei sets here, I'm looking for the Viking, Cowboy and adventurer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Well, let me do some more research. I'll compile the prices for the stuff here, and which sets I'll be able to dig up.

    Then I'll see if I can get an estimate on shipping costs to where you are.

    I'm more concerned that if I have it sent, it'll end up costing a lot more by virtue of the shipping costs alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm more concerned that if I have it sent, it'll end up costing a lot more by virtue of the shipping costs alone."

    Thats possible. But thanks for thinking of me anyway!

    I never used LBC but we have a store here in Sacramento called Pinoy that works with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chap Mei... my disgrace...

    ReplyDelete