Friday, January 30, 2009

A bunch of books and Head East Live

I took the car in for scheduled maintenance today. The dealership said an hour and a half.  It was more like two hours. Luckily they had  a Used bookstore within walking distance.  Have a look at some of the treasures I unearthed amongst the musty stacks-

 

Banners of Sayen

Delia of Valia

guardians1

 guardians2

Legend of the Damned

My lord Barbarian

Red as blood

Whetted bronze

 

And in a miscellaneous bin was a real blast from the past.

Head East Live

I had this tape. I loved this tape.  The live version of “There's never been any reason” is one of the greatest driving songs ever performed.

I don't even have an 8-track player anymore, but for .25 cents I couldn't resist.

That girl on the cover has got to be in her sixties now…

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Damn, now that's a cool idea I'd never thought about; S&S mixed with ancient astronaut theories! Ken Bulman wrote the Odan the Half-God trilogy, apparently under the pen name Manning Norvil. It starts with Dream Chariots, then goes on with Whetted Bronze and Crown of the Sword God. You HAVE to let me know if it's any good, because the concept is very tasty indeed. If you can drop me a PM via the HEX/Exile forums about it, I'd be massively thankful.

    Colin Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manning Norvil is also Alan Burt Akers, who are both Ken Bulmer. The Norvil book and the Delia of Vallia are pretty good. Banners of the Say??? is a great idea but not a great story. I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Head East?!? Hell yeah!
    Now there's a band that really always got the short end of the stick. Heck, 90% of folks think that 'Never Been Any Reason' is a Fleetwood Mac song.

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete