Saturday, January 10, 2009

Evil DM Productions update


Legends of Steel is at Heyoka studios. Its queued up for layout and will be ready for release in a few weeks at most. I’m really excited about this. I started this journey back in 2005 and I'm finally getting to the end. This hobby is full of dreams and imagination, lots of people with cool ideas and concepts. Unfortunately few are ever seen all the way through, I’m kind of proud that I was able to see this through. The plan is to release Legends of Steel –Savage worlds as a PDF.

First off, I’m going to send a few review copies out to a few key people who post on message boards, blogs and podcasts and then I’ll make it available at my website. Later, I’ll pass it over to Heyoka so they can host it at RPGNow and Drive through RPG.

At the moment the price is going to come in around $12.00, I really gave this a lot of thought. I’ve always been a firm believer in not paying more than $15.00 for any PDF products and so I’m sticking to that same conviction when it comes to my own stuff. But I do need to make sure that I at least recoup my investment. The cover art and the full color map are great, but they’re great because I had talented professionals create them, and talented professionals don’t come cheap (and rightly so).

I figure to sell directly initially and try to avoid the RPGNow commission bite. I have a PayPal account in place and I’ll monitor it closely. I may not be able to provide the instant downloading that RPGNow can, but I’ll make sure that orders are processed within a couple of hours at the most.

The second release in the Legends of Steel line will be the “Broadsword Edition” which will be geared to the Broadsword 1PG system RPG by Deep7. LoS-Broadsword will be released directly through Heyoka Studios, as they hold the license from Deep7 for all new 1PG products.

And third in line will be Legends of Steel the “ZeFRS Edition”. This edition will be a collaboration between myself and Mark Krawec, with all proceeds going to purchase new art and fund content for further ZeFRS Projects.

As for now, I hope to follow-up with The Lost World of Hador within a few months of the Legends of Steel release. I received a preliminary sketch of the cover art back from Joffrey Suarez and I’m really pleased with what he’s come up with.

Here’s is a sneak peek at the concept sketch for the Lost World of Hador cover…



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Living the dream :-D

    Hope it sells well for you - Savage Worlds is a popular system and a needs a straight-up pulpy/swords and sorcery setting, so I think you're onto a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Oooh, ZeFRS LoS! Will it include the ZeFRS ruleset as well, making it standalone?

    - Colin Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim!

    Colin- I'm not sure whether ZeFRS will be include the rules as well. that is worth considering though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really exciting to hear. Great work. I can't wait to see the final product.

    Congratulations on doing the selling on your own. I think there is a possibility of some minor administrative or technical hiccups you'll have to deal with, but they will be well worth the savings you'll earn by cutting out the middleman.

    This is as "indie" as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Fantastic! A lot of us dream of doing something like this, but not many actually get it done. I will definitely be picking one up when it's out. Lost World of Hador looks even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:20 PM

    This looks great!

    The cover and the sample artwork is fantastic, and I can fully put my trust in your command of Swords and Sorcery goodness!

    ReplyDelete