Friday, January 01, 2010

Paperback Swap - It works!




A few weeks ago I heard about this service. It's all on the honor system. You post all your old paperbacks at this online site and you can trade them straight across with other folks who have paperbacks to swap. I've been using it for the last few weeks and so far it has worked like a charm! I cant recommend it enough.  it kind of works like this:


I have an extra copy of Conan the Conquerer. 
I post it on the paperbackswap database.
someone, somewhere who is looking for a copy of Conan the Conquerer sends me a request for it through the paperback swap database.
I send him the book (I pay Postage). 
I then get a "Credit" to use when I see a book on thier database that I want.
I see that someone has "King Kull" up on the database. I use my credit to order it. it is sent to me (sender always pays postage).


Give PaperBackSwap a try. and if you do try it tell them "Boojiesdad" is your referrer, I get credits for spreading the word.


Click here
PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free.




6 comments:

  1. I'm on bookmooch, which is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danno9:15 PM

    Awwww The Great Hunt? Reading that book was almost a chore! The story got so awesome in book 3! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper back book swap is a great idea, but it's a US-only book club. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cool. So gonna join up on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just don't forget to let them know I sent ya Chuck. I have a couple of books I want to get my sweaty little claws on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danno-
    I tried and tried and tried to read the wheel of time series. I could never get into it.

    ReplyDelete