Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Testosterone check part II Coming soon to a game table near you - Dogs of W.A.R

In a few weeks Beyond Belief Games, The home of Barbarians of Lemuria (BoL) and other role playing games will be coming out with a modern game set in the world of the Men's Adventure Paperback's of the 70's and 80's. Dogs of W.A.R will utilize a modified version of the BoL rules system. I've had look at the most recent play test draft and I'm happy to say it looks like Simon and BBG have another hit on their hands.


Able Team, Phoenix Force, The Executioner and The Destroyer- these and many more can come to life as your players kick ass and take names. 


While the rules are currently "Top Secret-Eyes Only" I'm cleared to release some of the awesome interior art by Chris Schieffer.













Continue to monitor this Blog for further updates.

7 comments:

  1. Looks wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:38 AM

    Ah, a right proper Man game!

    Reminds me of the rpg a buddy and I made up a zillion years ago (and played the crap out of one summer with the rest of the group) which dealt with this subject matter exclusively.

    Too many Chuck Norris and Ninja films will do that sort of thing to you, I guess.

    Can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very cool setting and the art is solid! and really reminds me of George Perez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought Palladium's Ninjas and Superspies had this half-right; great ideas, suck-tastic system to run it with. Since I've got about 200 "men's adventure" novels in that genre, I'll be looking to pick this up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I've always been a fan of the Mack Bolan/Executioner books, and their various spin offs. Looks like another game on the need to get list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always said everything I ever learned about writing I learned from reading Gold Eagle books. This promises to be awesome. "Anonymous" and I have something in common as I too had created an easy-to-play men's adventure RPG decades ago. I'm currently, however, modifying the system for a different setting. I can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gristle, grey matter & gore! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete