Thursday, July 01, 2010

Dicey Tales - A Pulp Era Supplement for BoL



Well this is the project that has been filling the time I've saved by not posting as much here and on the forums. It's called Dicey Tales- It's a Pulp expansion for the Barbarians of Lemuria Rules Engine by Simon at Beyond Belief Games. This spectacular cover was done by Jason Chalker from The Manly Art Blog (go there, it's cool). I cant think of another pulp gaming cover more reminiscent of the pulps save for the venerable Justice Inc. cover from Hero Games.
The majority of the interior art will be done by another "friend of the Lair" Chris Schieffer.  Here are a couple of proposed sketches he's working on.




Hador is still being finished up and will most likely be released as an adventure setting for Dicey Tales and then for Savage Worlds.  


I'm currently working on the Game Masters section. The Players section of Dicey Tales is being looked over by a crack team of Pulp aficionados and BoL veterans. They have already begun to help me plug holes, remove inconsistencies and correct my grammar.
As with all my projects, you can calender it for a "soon" release date, but I am getting the art together so that means it wont be too far off. 

10 comments:

  1. Incredible. The cover had me hooked - but a pipe-smoking gorilla with a rocket pack took me over the edge. One sale here :-) The artwork alone is amazing, can't wait to see this.

    Although I'm not a BoL player, I'm pretty certain there'll be plenty for my supers games :-)

    Will it be POD or just pdf or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a great cover and those interio illows are really hooking me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that artwork and can't wait to see Hador for Savage Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I will have some of that, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh I remember that cover as well from Hero games. A good cover can really set the mental stage for all players!

    Lazarus Lupin
    http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
    Art and review

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hot hot hot! I'm psyched. I haven't been BoLing it as much as I should be and this could be the spur to get me back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Man, that is a great cover. Why don't more pulp games go this route? It perfectly captures what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa momma, that's the stuff right there!!!

    when the savage worlds version of this is ready, me wanty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PetWerewolf4:35 PM

    Count me in for Dicey Tales and the BoL version of Hador!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Badmojo2:05 PM

    I like the front pic as well, but that pic with the great white ape you had earlier as a teaser should also be considered; it is more eye-catching than the rather dark Noirish cover IMO.

    Anyway, I am really looking forward to this product. Conversation rules for Cthulhuoid adventures could perhaps be added as a web supplement as well?

    ReplyDelete