Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Last Airbender breaks wind


 I cant recommend The Last Airbender as a movie worth shelling out $8 bucks or more to see. It just isn't that great. The movie looks nice- the costumes and the martial arts choreography are up to snuff. But the acting was wooden, it was way too dark of a film, there was no humor, and it was just plain boring. 
There wasn't a single belly laugh or a "hell yeah!"moment in the whole movie. Shyamalan was the wrong director for an adaption of a children's anime adventure film. 


4 comments:

  1. From his last several offerings, I've concluded that Shyamalan is the wrong director for... well, just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I might watch the movie on DVD, but I've heard too many negatives. Why the hell make Avatar a dark, serious film?! The series had some dark moments, but it was overall pretty light.

    I guess Shyamalan is a fan of Ang Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard negative from the critics, but the few people whom I know that went were like "eh." Hardly a ringing endorsement, but at this point it's probably the best M. Night can hope for. My question I pose to you intelligent folk is does anyone know why they changed the pronouciation of "Aang" to "Ong?" It perplexes me. Did they find out that "Aang" is some swear word in Thailand or something? Curious minds want to know.

    Lazarus Lupin
    http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
    art and review

    ReplyDelete