Thursday, August 05, 2010

I want it now.


I went to order this on RPGNow and got to the paypal part when suddenly my comp went wonky on me. It took the money but didn't give me the link. 

I know it will all get straightened out, but I want this now!  ARRGGHH!!

Anyway, this is from the guys who do Colonial Gothic, so I'm very interested to see what they have done with the Sword & Sorcery genre.  This has received quite a few positives from all the usual suspects in the know, and is fast on its way to "Indy Darling" status. 

I see James Maliszewski named as one of the writers, so I'm very interested to read it. James has a great gaming blog called Grognardia that I follow and heartily recommend. He's also another Old school gamer from 1979, so his "Gamer Cred" is solid in my book.

Once I get my PDF copy of Shadow, Sword & Spell  I'll post more. 

But dont wait for me- Order it now!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    The skill mechanic is counter-intuitive and will be house ruled away in my games, but it is otherwise pretty cool.

    I'd love to see a proper Legends of Steel SS&S Edition, but the existing versions provide enough world info that you could wing it pretty easily so I'll probably use Erisa rather than the sketchy background they provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PetWerewolf6:44 PM

    I'm not sure how I'll use it as I have BoL and LoS fulfilling all my Swords & Sorcery needs at the moment but, being a fan of the Rogues, I ordered this anyway. I love Colonial Gothic and also plan to pick up the revised Thousand Suns when it comes available.

    If you purchase a Rogue Games book and show them the receipt they'll send you the pdf-version for free no matter where you bought it.

    ReplyDelete