Saturday, September 18, 2010

How much would you pay for John Carter and Tars Tarkas action figures?

 

If you can swing $299.99 for an action figure then you must be rich or single. Actually these guys would look very awesomely cool in your bachelor pad (or your parents basement).  The rest of us poor married Schmucks will just have to come over and drool over your Barsoomian awesomeness.

Tars here comes in at $299.00

My main gripe is that his hands have no articulation. for 300 bucks they could at least give me hands that open and close.

Tars01

Tars02

Tars04 Tars03

Coming in at a paltry $109.99 is John Carter (I love the fact that they have to get that “extra” .99cents).

JC04 JC01 JC02 JC03

  I can’t wait for the Dejah Thoris figure.

6 comments:

  1. Dejah is already out. She was released und a different license, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Thats one harsh looking Princess. Looks like one of my "Chola" cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But...but...but...1/6 scale and 1/4 scale? You can't even stand them next to one another! It won't look right. For $409.98 I'd expect them to be able to stand together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Tars looks amazing, John looks a little odd to me though. I guess I jsut pictures him differently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love 'em both but I'm not paying that much for them. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a Dejah Thoris 12" figure in a web page for $100.

    I would like be able to buy it, seriusly, but, my action figures budget does not let me spend more than $30 for a figure.

    I guess Disney will releaze a wave of Dejah Thoris & John Carters figures for the up comin movie, although the chars from the movie are pretty different than the comics and books descriptions, at least Pirates of the caribean action figures were very well manufactured, I hope John Carter's movie figures are well done also.

    ReplyDelete