Tuesday, September 07, 2010

This is why you always look in the children’s book section at Goodwill

One thing that kind of sucks about looking for books at Goodwill is the fact that you have to look through EVERYTHING!  Most of the staff that work in the book department have minimal training in keeping things organized, so you find cookbooks next to Prima strategy guides and the works of Shakespeare mixed in among the Mack Bolan paperbacks.  But you have to take the time to look lest you miss a gem like this:

deities 001

 deities 004

  

deities 002

$2.49

SCORE!!

8 comments:

  1. Result! Great find! I'm very envious of you and your charity shops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky bastard =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. I saw that at a game store for $10 once. "I'll get it later." I am a dumbass.

    Maybe you'll post some of the Cthulhu drawings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly why I haunt the goodwill book sections in my town.

    Great finds whenever (I suspect) someone dies and their kids don't want their parents books-OR-a Mom throws out her college kids stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David,
    I hear ya. I often find game stuff with hand drawn maps and character sheets in them. I used to get an almost ghoulish feeling that the owner is probably dead. But I figure if that was the case It's my duty to rescue this stuff and make sure it at least has a good home, rather than a box in the corner of a garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I still have my copy of that printing of the book with the Cthulhu Mythos and the Melnibonean Mythos in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epic find, man! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:18 AM

    Haha... I knew it was coming as soon as I saw the book cover. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete