Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heading down the Path


The Minions have played Basic D&D, Star Wars, Heroscape and Heroclix. I’m now going to try and bring their roleplaying up to date using Pathfinder. Despite the fact that I consider Dungeons and Dragons THE definition of a Roleplaying game, I’m drawn more to Pathfinder than I am to 4th ed. D&D. Besides I already own a couple of the Pathfinder books, whereas I don’t have any of the 4th edition books, and if there is one thing I have plenty of is books. 

Ive been on the lookout for a series of modules to run them through and I decided to go through the series set in Falcon's Hollow to start.



3 comments:

  1. I've been playing Pathfinder for about a year and a half now and I have to say it's a worthy continuation of 3.5. But on the downside, it's a worthy continuation of 3.5. It's well thought out, but almost too much thinking went into it and you sorta get bogged down in rules when you get to the mid levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that might just work for me in this case. I'm trying to have a go at a more structured mode of play. I want the guys to appreciate the structure and practice some researching. I figured with the huge variety of Feats etc. it will get them invested in the characters and do a little extra reading which never hurts. Their games up to now have been run a bit fast & Loose, given their ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm not mistaken, I think that module is written for D&D 3.5 from before the core rules were published which may require small changes to make it fully Pathfinder compatible. Not that that would be too difficult.

    ReplyDelete