Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Lego + Dungeons & Dragons = Awesome!

Maybe it's cause its late and I ate cake at 10:30PM  but I was lying in bed and I had a myriad of thoughts going through my head (hey I made a rhyme). 


But listen to this for a moment.




A line of Lego's based on the D&D brand.  Think about it Lego and WOTC get together and come up with these great sets of iconic D&D, AD&D play sets.






Could you imagine building a "Keep on the Borderlands" set? complete with the hermit in the tree? or how about the Moat house from the Temple of Elemental evil? A set of Lego minis with all the Iconic D&D brand characters? Has anyone thought of this. shouldn't someone be calling WOTC right now and telling them to look at this post?






People are always talking about gaming needing an infusion of new blood. What could be better than a horde of Lego Maniacs? Have you seen the stuff those guys make?






The money they drop on a new set, no questions asked?
I'm telling ya people,  it's a win-win!



Ok, it's back to bed for me now. I'm sure in the morning I'll think of all the marketing and business reasons this would never come to pass. But for now, at least I'll get to dream about it for a few more hours.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 AM

    As a teenager in the 80s, Lego --> D&D was a natural progression

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been an interesting direction for them to go in. Lego are floating their own minifig adventure game now, but I suspect they might have done better if they had gone your way. After all, you can customize a minifig to reflect changes in your character over time. Get one of those little plastic jobs & that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wanna be a kid again. Aww hell, I may get this anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to buy some of the Lego Heroica sets at the moment. The mix of Lego with fantasy gameplay is intoxicating!

    In recent years/decades IMHO Lego has become quite bizarre and really specific in it's ranges, like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Bionicles ... where does Ninjago and all the rest come from? I was about to say that Lego occasionally return to very generic fantasy and historically themed sets, but more and more they seem to be going for franchises.
    I reckon WotC is too in love with online subscriptions life to be involved with anything as physical as plastic building sets. But maybe you're onto something. It may be a niche market, but it's an *international* niche market. Lego certainly like to think globally.
    yadad yadda yadda :)
    (Nice selection of pics btw - a Lego drow!?)

    ReplyDelete