Friday, October 07, 2011

Netflix online works for me



I've been hearing all over the media how people are upset with Netflix for their current business practices. One of their biggest complaints is that their streaming video service doesn't offer a wide selection of the hottest and newest movies.  I can see their point - I love watching a new movie as much as the next guy, but I also make a few bucks writing material for role playing games set in the pulp genres. so Netflix's library of classic, hard to find, and downright quirky movies is like mana from heaven to me.  I hope that Netflix becomes more responsive to the wishes of their customer base-many of which have shown them years of proven loyalty. But I also hope that in doing so, Netflix doesn't purge its catalog of their less in-vogue offerings. Where the hell else am I supposed to get a hold of a copy of   "Bamboo Gods and Iron Men" on short notice?


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you and agree 100%

    I also enjoy the huge amount of foreign movies that I would never have been able to access with Netflix. The foreign horror selection robs me of sleep in both watching late into the night and trying to sleep in the middle of my bed while I lay there and try not to worry about the images burned into my mind's eye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, man.

    Just today, I watched a drive-in debacle, 1976's Octaman. While it was always available on VHS in the 80s, it's never had a legit DVD release.

    I'm more than happy with Netflix streaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you. A while back I discovered the limit of the DVD queue (500). I'm on track to see if the streaming queue has the same limit.

    There's more great stuff on streaming than I'll ever have time to watch. I try to look out for the expiration dates as a way to decide what to watch next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a list of your top 10 favorite pulp action films? I'd love to add some to my queue.

    ReplyDelete